A computer scientist at Northeastern University in Boston tracked ‘feeling’ words used in Twitter feeds to track moods during the day. Couple of my own observations:
- East coast is far more unhappy than the west coast
- Indiana never gets anything other than unhappy
- If you are up at 2-4AM in the morning, you’re likely not a happy camper no matter where you are.
- We all seem to be unhappy around 4pm – that’s when we should strike!
- SoCal and Florida almost never gets angry as a whole
- People seem very happy right before work and about 2 hours after work. I’m surprised there wasn’t a “Happy hour wave” as 5pm moved across the country. 🙂