Oregon as a Ghibli film
Wow – just wow!!! Amazing job Travel Oregon! Apparently the paired with Psyop who brought on an additional studio Sun Creature to assist in this ad campaign called ‘Only Slightly Exaggerated’
Almost everything in the video is a real place/thing in Oregon. Here’s a breakdown – let me know if I missed anything, or you think I got it wrong. Click on the images for larger versions!
2. Could be any lake near Mt Hood, but likely is Trillium Lake:
5. Willamette Valley Wineries:
6. Willamette Valley Wine & Balloon tours:
7. Cannon Beach – Haystack rock:
8. Cannon Beach from Ecola Park:
9. Crater Lake:
10. Black Rock Mountainbiking trails near Falls City:
12. Dragon Boat Racing in Portland:
11. The Wallowas – almost exactly this shot:
12. Kiger Mustangs – Steens Mountains/Kiger Creek:
13. Whitewater Rafting is many places, but it looks like it might be the Rogue River (top). It might also be the Deschutes (bottom pic). Some have suggested it is the White Salmon River (but that is in Washington):
14. Think this is Tom McCall Preserve (top picture). Or it might be a from Dog Mountain(bottom pic), but that is on the Washington side of the Columbia Gorge:
15. Three Sister’s from around Sisters, OR:
9 thoughts on “Oregon as a Ghibli film”
I have been working on a similar concept independently. I’d like to contact the artist if possible. My email is chicanohek-at-gmail-dot-com
I do not know the artists and have no association with them – but the studio is Psyop and linked at the top
I hesitate to even put this here, but the flying whales may have originated from our infamous Exploding Whale issue.
(Not for the faint of heart)
It would’ve been really funny if one of those whales in the cartoon suddenly exploded.
I believe #14 is near Sisters, Oregon — it is the same girl that you see in #15.
Also, I hope the whales are from all the huge whale kites you see at the Lincoln City Kite Festival, rather than the exploding whale.
Here’s a similar advertisement for Canada using the same style and (I believe) the same studio:
Here’s the connecting tourism page:
Awesome placed that all Oregonians should see as well as others we offer so much! Definitely take your kids on road trips ❤️